Mindful Way Through Depression: Freeing Yourself from Chronic Unhappiness
If you’ve ever struggled with depression or know someone who has, take heart: mindfulness practice is a simple, powerful way to naturally break depression’s self-perpetuating cycle.
With The Mindful Way Through Depression, four leading researchers present insightful lessons drawn from both Eastern meditative traditions and cognitive therapy about how to triumph over this illness―and, more importantly, how to prevent it from striking again. Join these uniquely qualified experts to discover the power of Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy, including:
The "quicksand effect" of depression―why our attempts to think our way out of depression can backfire, and the strategy we can use for true freedom
• The biology of depression―how meditation can rewrite neural structures and heal chemical imbalances
• What to do when you’re not depressed―techniques for cultivating an abiding sense of joy that will protect you from recurrence
• A full CD of guided mindfulness meditations for health and happiness, narrated by Jon Kabat-Zinn
Even successful treatments for depression too often stop short of providing you with a way to protect yourself from falling back into the downward spiral. With The Mindful Way Through Depression, you will develop the tools you need to understand the core mental habits and patterns that lead to depression―and learn a proven method for creating genuine change that lasts a lifetime.
Identify ways feelings, thoughts, the body, and behavior interact to trigger depression
• Summarize basic concepts of mindfulness and awareness
• Recognize the difference between thoughts and the truth
• Describe the difference between doing mode and being mode
• Identify ways awareness counteracts depression
• List several kinds of mindfulness meditation practices
• Practice guided mindfulness meditation exercises
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book