The Teddy Bear Book is the only reference of its kind that focuses on the unique issues that healthcare professionals face when using injectable medications in children, such as limited fluid volumes, maximum concentrations, and rates of administration.
The 11th edition is once again authored by Stephanie J. Phelps, PharmD, BCPS, FAPhA, FCCP, FPPAG; Tracy M. Hagemann, PharmD, FCCP, FPPAG; Kelley R. Lee, PharmD, BCPS; and A. Jill Thompson, PharmD, BCPPS.
It features more than 4800 references for 247 updated monographs (including 15 monographs that are new to this edition) that, like previous editions, cover the following areas:
- Medication error potential
- Infusion-related cautions
- Dosages and dose adjustment in organ dysfunction
- Additives and suitable diluents
- Maximum concentrations
- Preparation and delivery
- Bolus, intermittent, and continuous IV administration
- Other routes of administration
New monographs include:
- Antithrombin III
- Arsenic Trioxide
- Iron Sucrose
- Varicella Zoster Immune Globulin
Rate this book!