The Law of Governance, Risk Management and Compliance (Aspen Casebook)
Geoffrey Miller s The Law of Governance, Risk Management and Compliance is widely credited for introducing a new field of legal studies. Compliance and its related subjects of governance and risk management are major sources of jobs and also important developments in legal practice. The billions of dollars of fines paid over the past decade and the burgeoning and seemingly never-ending parade of compliance and risk management breakdowns recently including the Wells Fargo sales practices scandal, the Volkswagen emissions cheat, and the Boeing 737 MAX crisis all attest to the importance of the issues treated in this readable and timely book.
New to the Third Edition:
- Comprehensive updates on recent developments
- New treatment of compliance failures: Wells Fargo account opening scandal, Volkswagen emissions cheat, important developments in Catholic Church sex abuse scandal.
- New treatment of risk management failures: the Boeing 737 MAX scandal.
Professors and students will benefit from:
- Clear, concise definitions
- Fun and interesting problems
- Real-world perspective from an author who has been involved both as a scholar and as a member of a corporate board of directors
- Highly readable and interesting writing
- Text boxes containing key concepts and definitions
- Realistic problems for class discussion and analysis
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book