Curanderismo: The Art of Traditional Medicine without Borders
Curanderismo: The Art of Traditional Medicine without Borders presents a way of studying humanity, where one can recognize and connect with the entire global family. In this text, the primary sources described come from the Mexican indigenous traditions and from Spain, including its North African heritage.
The primary goals of Curanderismo are to:
- guide the reader toward an understanding of the concepts of Curanderismo.
- serve as a reference guide, indexing the healing modalities that define Curanderismo.
- bridge the gaps between Western modern medicine and traditional healing.
Curanderismo is divided into two parts:
- Curanderismo in the Southwest and Mexico emphasizes the traditional healing ways of Mexico and the Southwest.
- Global Perspectives emphasizes perspectives and influences in curanderismo and begins with discussions by a group of traditional healers from Uganda, Africa.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book