LOOK UP--Gaining Insight and Direction Through Experiential Learning For Your Personal, Professional and Civic Life
In their exciting, interactive new book–LOOK UP--Gaining Insight and Direction Through Experiential Learning--For Your Personal, Professional and Civic Life, Dr. Joani LaMachia and Jon Andrew identify and examine the choices that students face when navigating through their institutions of higher learning, workplaces and global society.
Through the course of the book, the authors unpack with students how to creatively integrate and act on what you study both in and out of the classroom. This book will enable students to adopt a new lens through which to view education as being not a process of knowledge acquisition through exposure and absorption, but of knowledge, skills and competency development through engagement, experimentation, collaboration, application, reflection and ethical action.
The goal is to help prepare students to be lifelong learners who are capable of learning anywhere. Through this mindset, they will be able to meet the present age of accelerations prepared with an intellectual, emotional and cultural pliability, allowing them to fulfill their potential personally, professionally, and civically.
LOOK UP--Gaining Insight and Direction Through Experiential Learning--For Your Personal, Professional and Civic Life:
- Is interactive in format
- Engages student in reflexive practice
- Considers current workplace and global trends and issues
- Provides ‘reality checks’ from real world situations and considerations
- Assists student’s deconstruction of learning through advising sessions
- Contains tools, resources, case studies, classroom simulations, student/faculty/employer narratives and perspectives
- Addresses issues of leadership, agency and ethics related to student learning experiences
- Integrates personal, professional and civic learning and development
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book