Rehearsing in the Zone: A Practical Guide to Rehearsing without a Director
Rehearsals can be challenging without a director. Students are required to rehearse independently with their scene partner but often not taught the tools of how to rehearse.
Without a leader, actors often don’t know what to accomplish in rehearsal and end up accomplishing nothing or at best telling each other what to do.
Maria Cominis Glaudini’s Rehearsing In The Zone is the actor’s road map to independent rehearsal. Each Zone provides tool to prepare for rehearsal and goals to achieve in rehearsal. Partners will learn how to respectfully allow each other to explore their choices without judgment or contradiction and work collaboratively through specificity and concentration. Prepare, practice and take ownership of your work.
- Discover pre-rehearsal preparation tools.
- Use time efficiently and establish a work ethic
- Apply technique (any acting technique)
- Gain confidence with a strong point of view
- Eliminate actor conflicts
- Implement strong character-driven choices from the beginning
- Find rehearsal an exciting and creative place to discover
Also, teachers will:
- Find students more prepared
- Raise the level of the class
- Reduce potential student conflicts
- Eliminate resistance
This edition will provide an online companion which will demonstrate Zone work and help students visualize how to approach the various Zone rehearsals in process.
Rehearsing in the Zone 1st edition was reviewed in 2015 in Methods Journal.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book