Content Area Literacy: An Integrated Approach
The 11th edition of Content Area Literacy focuses on developing 21st century learners who are adept at reading and critiquing multiple texts. Organized into two parts: Learning with Text and Technology and Teaching and Learning Strategies, this edition has a redesigned page format that provides teachers quick and easy access to concepts, ideas, and strategies.
Content Area Literacy features:
- theory and related discipline-specific learning strategies designed to assist middle and secondary students in reading and learning through 21st century literacy practices.
- a multimedia approach that integrates the book with additional website resources.
- new teaching and learning strategies as well as a discussion of current literacy issues.
Content Area Literacy Learning Aids:
- Technology - Access to an expanded companion website provides valuable and current information on the subject.
- Anticipation Guides in Part 1 present a series of statements and facilitate discussion of literacy issues to come.
- Vignettes in Part 2 present a classroom scenario that sets the tone of the chapter lesson.
- Rationale sections explain the purpose of the chapter.
- Learning Objectives focus on the literacy issues discussed in each chapter.
- The Graphic Organizer gives a preview of new vocabulary and concepts.
- Several Chapter Features including Applications, Consider This, Glimpse into the Classroom, and Summary sections.
Content Area Literacy End of Chapter Aids:
- Reaction Guides/Vignettes – reinforce the Anticipation Guides and Vignettes from the chapter openers and confirm the big picture presented in the chapter.
- Mini Projects to apply chapter information.
- Website Activity references exercises for the corresponding chapter content.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book