Public Speaking: Essentials for Excellence
By providing students theory and practical skills, Public Speaking: Essentials for Excellence prepares students to become effective public speakers in various speaking situations they may encounter in their lives (business presentations, tributes, eulogies, commencement addresses, small group, and more).
Public Speaking: Essentials for Excellence clarifies concepts in three parts:
- Public Speaking in Our Lives
- Preparing and Presenting Your Speech
- Types of Public Speaking
Public Speaking: Essentials for Excellence by Shawn T. Wahl, LeAnn M. Brazeal, and Mark J. Butland:
- Is Student Friendly! Each chapter includes online content, tips and best practices for presentation aids, new media, and public speaking in a variety of professional contexts, industries, and occupations.
- Is Interactive! Includes access to GoReact – online software that utilizes the record-and-critique method to help presenters change their habits quickly, set goals for improvement, and measure their progress reliably.
- Is Flexible! The text focuses on theory, research, and application of knowledge related to public speaking so that it can easily be covered in one term across multiple delivery formats.
- Is Organized! Presents Essentials for Excellence vignettes that include speaking tips and best practices within each chapter.
- Emphasizes Ethics!Ethics Matter vignettes throughout the text connect topics to an ethical perspective―a key essential for public speaking excellence.
- Promotes Service Learning!Engaging in Community vignettes encourage civic engagement and communication activism related to public speaking.
- Is Easy To Adopt! Online content integrated chapter by chapter, an online instructor’s manual, chapter outlines, PowerPoint slides, activities/exercises, and test questions (multiple choice and short answer) are provided to all adopters.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book