Hotel, Restaurant, and Travel Law: A Preventive Approach
A student-friendly approach to hospitality law.
Hotel, Restaurant, and Travel Law: A Preventive Approach arms future hospitality industry personnel with the legal knowledge needed to enhance the guest’s experience and avoid lawsuits. With a focus on prevention, the book aims to minimize the number of lawsuits a hospitality establishment experiences.
Now in a NEW 8th edition, Hotel, Restaurant, and Travel Law: A Preventive Approach:
- engages the reader with relevant case studies. Many examples include case questions to further assist student comprehension.
- provides a concentrated summary of issues addressed in each chapter through sections titled “Preventive Law Tips for Managers”.
- includes updated references to new laws, new cases, technological changes and advancements, and new factual circumstances in the hospitality industry.
- features new web site references which offer students expanded exposure to chapter topics.
- develops critical thinking skills in managers.
- enhances student ability to read and comprehend the material with plain-English explanations and many subtopics.
- challenges students with end-of-chapter questions.
Hotel, Restaurant, and Travel Law: A Preventive Approach is organized into four units:
- Legal Fundamentals for the Hospitality Industry – presents the sources and principles of hospitality law, basic court procedures, civil rights issues, and contract law.
- Negligence – presents the legal principles relevant to this topic and many cases that help define the scope of obligations and liability.
- Relationships with Guests and Other Patrons – explores the special responsibilities that hospitality businesses have to their various constituencies.
- Special Topics – addresses food and alcohol liability; legal duties of airlines and car rental companies; employment matters; franchising; copyrights and trademarks; licensing; travel agents; and laws relevant to casinos, theme parks, spas, and hotel condominiums.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book