Business Writing Today: A Practical Guide
Business Writing Today prepares students to succeed in the business world by giving them the tools they need to write powerfully, no matter the challenge. In her highly-practical text, author Natalie Canavor shares step-by-step guidance and tips for success to help students write more clearly and strategically. Readers will learn what to say and how to say it in any medium from tweets and emails to proposals and formal reports. Every technique comes with concrete examples and practice opportunities, helping students transfer their writing skills to the workplace.
New to This Edition
- Updated with new examples, success tips, resources, and expanded material on subjects that relate to students’ most pressing interests and reflect current directions of professional communication.
- New and expanded coverage of important topics like networking, storytelling, creating a positive online presence, and visually-based media.
- New and updated good and not-so-good writing samples throughout the book show readers where and what to revise.
- A reorganized and streamlined table of contents is now organized into four major parts, moving from basics into more advanced topics.
- Nine new "Views From the Field" include advice on networking, building rapport, and creating personal introduction videos.
- A new chapter on editing includes practical strategies for improving drafts and fixing common writing issues.
- A greater emphasis on strategic thinking and problem-solving helps students develop their insight into the perspectives of others so they are better able to represent their own interests and contribute more on the job.
- This edition more closely connects writing skills with oral communication, relationship-building, a strategic online presence, and students’ hopes to become valued employees, leaders, and entrepreneurs.
- A new appendix includes new writing activities, new assignments, and cheat sheets for students, making this the most applied edition yet.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book