Dynamic Reteaming: The Art and Wisdom of Changing Teams
Your team will change whether you like it or not. People will come and go. Your company might double in size or even be acquired. In this practical book, author Heidi Helfand shares practices for reteaming effectively. CTOs and team managers will learn how to catalyze team change to reduce the risk of attrition, learning and career stagnation, and the development of knowledge silos.
Based on research into several well-known software companies, the patterns in this book will help you integrate new people into an existing team, manage a team that’s lost members, or deal with unexpected change. You’ll learn when to split a team, how to isolate teams for focused innovation, how to rotate team members for knowledge sharing, how to break through organizational apathy, and much more.
- Five patterns of dynamic reteaming: One by One, Grow and Split, Isolation, Merging, and Switching
- Methods for effectively onboarding new members
- How to reinvigorate your department or company by changing team compositions
- Why companies reteam and reorganize, through real-world stories and examples
- How reteaming or nomading can help a mature organization innovate quickly
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book