Roberts and Hedges’ Clinical Procedures in Emergency Medicine (Roberts, Clinical Procedures in Emergency Medicine)
Roberts and Hedges’ Clinical Procedures in Emergency Medicine continues its long tradition of being the most well-known and trusted procedures manual in emergency medicine. The newly revised 6th edition of this classic medical reference has been thoroughly updated with step-by-step Review, Procedure, and Ultrasound Boxes covering the latest equipment, devices, drug therapies, and techniques you need to know for effective practice of emergency medicine. You'll access complete and detailed guidance on exactly when, how, and why to performall of today’scommon and uncommon procedures and get the best results.
- Understand the ins and outs of every procedure you're likely to consider, such as how, why, when to, and when not to perform them, in addition to other emergency procedures that may be an option.
- Rapidly review the entire contents online, including brand-new videos of common and complex procedures, at Expert Consult.
- See entire procedures at a glance with the addition of new Procedure Boxes, which offer step-by-step visual instruction on over 250 emergency techniques. Ideal for point-of-care reference, these Procedure Boxes also serve as a comprehensive mini atlas and are especially useful for less-encountered procedures or those that require complex equipment.
- Easily apply the latest emergency ultrasound techniques through new Ultrasound Boxes, all of which are expertly written and richly illustrated with photographs of the technique as well as screen captures of the US images.
- Master today's hottest new procedures including ultrasound for diagnosis of pneumothorax; loop abscess drainage; pediatric fluid resuscitation; and video-assisted intubation.
- Clearly and efficiently visualize all emergency procedures with a complete overhaul of figures, now nearly all in full color; new diagnostic images representing multiple modalities; and online-only procedural videos demonstrating key techniques.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book