Basic Tort Law: Cases, Statutes, and Problems [Connected Casebook] (Aspen Casebook)
Buy a new version of this Connected Casebook and receive access to the online e-book, practice questions from your favorite study aids, and an outline tool on CasebookConnect, the all in one learning solution for law school students. CasebookConnect offers you what you need most to be successful in your law school classes—portability, meaningful feedback, and greater efficiency.
Offering comprehensive coverage that is suitable for one or two semester torts courses, Basic Tort Law: Cases, Statutes, and Problems, Fifth Edition’s flexible organization accommodates courses that begin either with coverage of intentional torts in Chapter 2 or negligence, beginning with Chapter 3. Chapters 9-17 allow teachers to select additional topics that fit best with their curriculum and interests.
- Cases edited to moderate length, so professors can help students analyze judicial reasoning and treatment of policy implications.
- Practice-oriented problems in each chapter.
- A new section on the intentional tort of false imprisonment, covering the concepts of confinement, consent, intentionality, and the shopkeeper’s privilege.
- A new case addressing whether strict liability for abnormally dangerous activities applies to fracking, which, juxtaposed with another featured case, illustrates the differing ways courts have approached the Restatement factors.
- A new case discussing joint and several liability, offering a straightforward introduction that enhances or may be substituted for a more detailed treatment of this complicated area.
Law school comes with a lot of reading, so access your enhanced e-book anytime, anywhere to keep up with your coursework. Highlight, take notes in the margins, and search the full text to quickly find coverage of legal topics.
Quiz yourself before class and prep for your exam in the Study Center. Practice questions from Examples & Explanations, Emanuel Law Outlines, Emanuel Law in a Flash flashcards, and other best-selling study aid series help you study for exams while tracking your strengths and weaknesses to help optimize your study time.
Most professors will tell you that starting your outline early is key to being successful in your law school classes. The Outline Tool automatically populates your notes and highlights from the e-book into an editable format to accelerate your outline creation and increase study time later in the semester.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book