EMTALA Answer Book, 2016 Edition
The 2016 Edition of The EMTALA Answer Book shows how the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA) affects not only emergency physicians but on-call physicians, specialists, and hospitals. And it shows how the feds have stepped up enforcement against EMTALA violations.
But most importantly, The EMTALA Answer Book shows you how to meet these medical duties, stave off these legal threats, and avoid fines, bad publicity, and exclusion from Medicare.
Some of the questions that The EMTALA Answer Book addresses include:
- Does HIPAA affect a hospital's EMTALA obligations?
- Must a receiving hospital with specialized capabilities accept an EMTALA patient who had been admitted as an inpatient at another hospital?
- Can a physician be on call at more than one facility simultaneously?
- Are community call plans allowed by EMTALA?
- Can a hospital compensate on-call physicians specifically for treating patients who are indigent or uninsured?
- And many more!
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book