Business Organizations: Cases, Problems, and Case Studies, Third Edition (Aspen Casebooks)
Reflecting ongoing changes in the structure and regulation of modern business practice, Business Organizations: Cases, Problems, and Case Studies, now in its Third Edition, offers a unique combination of doctrine, problems, and case studies. Recent, high-interest cases are balanced against classic teaching chestnuts. Brief, innovative problems are used in combination with longer case studies. The hands-on problem sets use actual cases and on-line case files to unveil situations faced by identified companies' bringing the real world, and a wealth of source materials, right into your classroom.
At a critical juncture in the history of business law in the U.S., the Third Edition offers timely yet streamlined coverage. Recent legislation and Supreme Court decisions, new and updated problems, and a substantially revised companion website support a clear and sustained examination of the role and purview of the law in business transactions.
Offering clear descriptions of developing business law, this vivid and timely casebook features:
- a discriminating selection of fresh cases and classic chestnuts
- in-depth coverage of how the law applies to modern business structures, (such as joint ventures, venture capital arrangements, franchises, and new limited liability business forms) as well as growth industries (such as computers, biotechnology, and telecommunications)
- short problems after selected topics give students practice applying the legal principles covered in that section
- case studies styled on the B-school model that provide opportunities for in-depth analysis of the law in business transactions
- hybrid entities treated in detail, including a separate chapter on limited liability
Recording a critical moment in the history of business law, the Third Edition examines:
- recent legislative developments and Supreme Court cases
- new coverage of Section E, Limited Partnerships, with a focus on private equity LP
- new and updated problems that consistently reinforce topical coverage
- additional features on the companion website
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book