Cardiopulmonary Bypass and Mechanical Support: Principles and Practice
Offering a unique, multidisciplinary approach to the complexities of CPB, the 4th Edition of Cardiopulmonary Bypass and Mechanical Support: Principles & Practice remains the gold standard in the field. This edition brings you fully up to date with every aspects of cardiopulmonary bypass, including new information on management of pediatric patients, CPB’s role with minimally invasive and robotic cardiac surgery, mechanical circulatory support, miniaturized circuits and CPB, sickle cell disease and CPB management, and much more. A newly expanded title reflects the rapidly evolving nature of extracorporeal technology, encompassing both short-term and long-term forms of cardiac and pulmonary support. Key Features
- The most comprehensive and authoritative text in the field, widely used by anesthesiologists, perfusionists, and cardiothoracic surgeons, as well as intensive care specialists, neonatologists, and interventional cardiologists.
- Provides expert, full-color guidance on equipment, physiology and pathology, hematology, clinical applications, and neonates, infants, and children.
- Addresses univentricular and biventricular assist devices, as well as the various forms of extracorporeal pulmonary support that may or may not include circulatory assistance.
- Includes a brand-new look at the Development of Cardiopulmonary Bypass, offering an up-to-date analysis of the history of the field. Two new co-editors, Drs. John W. Hammon and Barry D. Kussman, provide a fresh perspective and additional expertise.
- Complete content with enhanced navigation Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book