wrote MySQL Cookbook: Solutions for Database Developers and Administrators
comprising 866 pages back in 2014.
Textbook and eTextbook are published under ISBN 1449374026 and 9781449374020.
Since then MySQL Cookbook: Solutions for Database Developers and Administrators textbook
was available to sell back to BooksRun online for the top buyback price
or rent at the marketplace.
MySQL’s popularity has brought a flood of questions about how to solve specific problems, and that’s where this cookbook is essential. When you need quick solutions or techniques, this handy resource provides scores of short, focused pieces of code, hundreds of worked-out examples, and clear, concise explanations for programmers who don’t have the time (or expertise) to solve MySQL problems from scratch.
Ideal for beginners and professional database and web developers, this updated third edition covers powerful features in MySQL 5.6 (and some in 5.7). The book focuses on programming APIs in Python, PHP, Java, Perl, and Ruby. With more than 200+ recipes, you’ll learn how to:
- Use the mysql client and write MySQL-based programs
- Create, populate, and select data from tables
- Store, retrieve, and manipulate strings
- Work with dates and times
- Sort query results and generate summaries
- Use stored routines, triggers, and scheduled events
- Import, export, validate, and reformat data
- Perform transactions and work with statistics
- Process web input, and generate web content from query results
- Use MySQL-based web session management
- Provide security and server administration