ActionScript Developer's Guide to PureMVC: Code at the Speed of Thought
Gain hands-on experience with PureMVC, the popular open source framework for developing maintainable applications with a Model-View-Controller architecture. In this concise guide, PureMVC creator Cliff Hall teaches the fundamentals of PureMVC development by walking you through the construction of a complete non-trivial Adobe AIR application.
Through clear explanations and numerous ActionScript code examples, you’ll learn best practices for using the framework’s classes in your day-to-day work. Discover how PureMVC enables you to focus on the purpose and scope of your application, while the framework takes care of the plumbing in a maintainable and portable way.
- Get a detailed overview of the PureMVC process for developing your application
- Model the domain by designing the schema and creating framework-agnostic value objects
- Implement framework-agnostic View components that expose an API of events and properties
- Use the Proxy pattern to keep track of value objects and hide service interaction
- Facilitate two-way communication between a View component and the rest of the application
- Stitch the Model and View tiers together with command objects in the Controller
- Manage problematic View component life cycles, and learn how to reuse the Model tier
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book