FREE shipping on ALL orders
Acknowledged author Steven L. Tuck wrote A History of Roman Art comprising 408 pages back in 2015. Textbook and etextbook are published under ISBN 1444330268 and 9781444330267. Since then A History of Roman Art textbook was available to sell back to BooksRun online for the top buyback price of $18.32 or rent at the marketplace.
A History of Roman Art provides a wide-ranging survey of the subject from the founding of Rome to the rule of Rome's first Christian emperor, Constantine. Incorporating the most up-to-date information available on the topic, this new textbook explores the creation, use, and meaning of art in the Roman world.
- Extensively illustrated with 375 color photographs and line drawings
- Broadly defines Roman art to include the various cultures that contributed to the Roman system
- Focuses throughout on the overarching themes of Rome's cultural inclusiveness and art's important role in promoting Roman values
- Discusses a wide range of Roman painting, mosaic, sculpture, and decorative arts, as well as architecture and associated sculptures within the cultural contexts they were created and developed
- Offers helpful and instructive pedagogical features for students, such as timelines; key terms defined in margins; a glossary; sidebars with key lessons and explanatory material on artistic technique, stories, and ancient authors; textboxes on art and literature, art from the provinces, and important scholarly perspectives; and primary sources in translation
- A book companion website is available at www.wiley.com/go/romanart with the following resources: PowerPoint slides, glossary, and timeline
Steven Tuck is the 2014 recipient of the American Archaeological Association's Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Award.