Mobile Communications Handbook (Electrical Engineering Handbook)
With 26 entirely new and 5 extensively revised chapters out of the total of 39, the Mobile Communications Handbook, Third Edition presents an in-depth and up-to-date overview of the full range of wireless and mobile technologies that we rely on every day. This includes, but is not limited to, everything from digital cellular mobile radio and evolving personal communication systems to wireless data and wireless networks
Illustrating the extraordinary evolution of wireless communications and networks in the last 15 years, this book is divided into five sections:
- Basic Principles provides the essential underpinnings for the wide-ranging mobile communication technologies currently in use throughout the world.
- Wireless Standards contains technical details of the standards we use every day, as well as insights into their development.
- Source Compression and Quality Assessment covers the compression techniques used to represent voice and video for transmission over mobile communications systems as well as how the delivered voice and video quality are assessed.
- Wireless Networks examines the wide range of current and developing wireless networks and wireless methodologies.
- Emerging Applications explores newly developed areas of vehicular communications and 60 GHz wireless communications.
Written by experts from industry and academia, this book provides a succinct overview of each topic, quickly bringing the reader up to date, but with sufficient detail and references to enable deeper investigations. Providing much more than a "just the facts" presentation, contributors use their experience in the field to provide insights into how each topic has emerged and to point toward forthcoming developments in mobile communications.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book