Bounce Back: How to Be a Resilient Kid
Winner of the Gelett Burgess Children's Book Award, Motivation and Inspiration
Winner of the 2017 National Indie Excellence Award for Juvenile Nonfiction
Think of a bouncing ball. When a bouncing ball hits the ground, it bounces back. That's what resilience means — the ability to bounce back from tough times.
Some people seem to just automatically bounce back. But the truth is that resilience is not something you are born with or not — it can be learned.
Bounce Back will help kids find their bounce using cool quizzes, lots of advice, and practical strategies that build up resiliency skills.
They'll learn how to:
- get to know themselves better
- understand their emotions
- coach themselves with self-talk
- calm themselves when they are upset
- deal with decisions, disappointments, and new challenges
- handle situations that are under their control
- negotiate, compromise, and navigate social conflicts
- cope with or adjust to serious sources of stress
- ask for help and guidance
Some people seem to just automatically bounce back from tough times. But the truth is that resilience is not something you are born with—it must be learned. Resilience isn’t just about being tough in the face of adversity, but rather learning to make connections with others, move toward goals, maintain a positive view, and accept that change is part of life.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book