The fifth edition of Fit to Be Well: Essential Concepts provides students with the tools they need to reach the goal of good health and fitness by delving into exercise, proper nutrition, and stress management. Its content is organized in a succinct, easy-to-navigate manner that allows students to become more aware of each aspect of a physically fit lifestyle. Using a wealth of special features and online learning tools, the text encourages students to improve their eating habits by incorporating healthier foods into their diet, increasing their level of physical activity, keeping their body composition and weight at a healthy level, increasing their self-esteem, and reducing stress. An integrated lab manual, found at the end of the text, helps students build and implement a fitness program that will work with their individual needs and schedules.
New and Key Features of the Fifth Edition:
- Updated with Healthy People 2020's new physical activity objectives
- Emphasis on positive and negative factors associated with adult physical activity
- Provides the latest research showing additional health benefits of regular physical activity -- including treating dementia and lowering the risk of heart disease and some cancers
- Includes several new "Medical News You Can Use" features describing the latest research on physical activity and nutrition
- Updated nutrition information to meet the new Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2015-2020
-Includes information on the new food label redesign
Would you like to save your cart?
We will send your cart at your email, so you can complete your order later...