Policy and Politics for Nurses and Other Health Professionals: Advocacy and Action
Policy and Politics for Nurses and Other Health Professionals: Advocacy and Action, Third Edition reflects a well-honed vision of what nursing and health professionals need to know to both understand and influence health policy. Through their focus on relevant issues, the authors discuss how healthcare professionals can prepare themselves to engage in the economic, political, and policy dimensions of health care.
The Third Edition focuses on the most relevant health policy issues while taking an interdisciplinary approach to create an understanding of healthcare practice and policy across interprofessional teams. In addition, global and population health issues such as war, terrorism, disease and natural disasters that impact health professionals are also covered in detail.
New to the Third Edition:
• Case studies which close the gap in understanding how policy and politics impacts health systems
• Updated content on the Affordable Care Act
• Enhanced Primary Care Roles (new chapter)
• Health Information Technology and the Intersection of Health Policy (new chapter)
• Political Power of Nurses: Harnessing Our Values & Voices (new chapter)
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book