Written for the upper-level undergrad or graduate level majors course, Advanced Human Nutrition, Fourth Edition provides an in-depth overview of the human body and details why nutrients are important from a biochemical, physiological, and molecular perspective. Through it's writing style and clear figures and illustrations, the text clearly outlines metabolism and the molecular functions of nutrients. A variety of pedagogical elements within the text, such as “Here’s Where You Have Been” and “Here’s Where You Are Going,” help clarify key points from the chapter and provide real-world examples to bring the content to life.
New & Key to the Fourth Edition
- NEW - Each chapter now concludes with "Clinical Insight" which presents the clinical relevance of the nutritional science topics covered within the chapter
- NEW - Chapter 2 now discusses bariatric surgery procedures used to treat obesity, as well as diseases of the gastrointestinal track that have nutritional relevance in health and disease
- NEW - Includes the latest algorithms used by the American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology in determining the risk of a cardiac event
- NEW - Incorporates controversy brought about by some scientists on protein requirements as it relates to the RDA
- NEW - Includes coverage of the role of the fat-soluable vitamins in Alzheimer's disease
Rate this book!