The Essentials of Computer Organization and Architecture, Fourth Edition was recently awarded a "Textbook Excellence Award" ("Texty") from the Text and Academic Authors Association (TAA) the only association devoted solely to serving textbook and academic authors since 1987 (www.TAAonline.net). The "Textbook Excellence Award" recognizes works for their excellence in the areas of content, presentation, appeal, and teachability. This is the third Texty award for Null and Lobur. They also won for their Second and Third Editions of this text.
Updated and revised to reflect the most current data in the field, perennial bestseller The Essentials of Computer Organization and Architecture, Fourth Edition is comprehensive enough to address all necessary organization and architecture topics, but concise enough to be appropriate for a single-term course. Its focus on real-world examples and practical applications encourages students to develop a "big-picture" understanding of how essential organization and architecture concepts are applied in the computing world. In addition to direct correlation with the ACM/IEEE CS2013 guidelines for computer organization and architecture, the text exposes readers to the inner workings of a modern digital computer through an integrated presentation of fundamental concepts and principles.
The fully revised and updated Fourth Edition includes the most up-to-the-minute data and resources available and reflects current technologies, including tablets and cloud computing. All-new exercises, expanded discussions, and feature boxes in every chapter implement even more real-world applications and current data, and many chapters include all-new examples. A full suite of student and instructor resources, including a secure companion website, Lecture Outlines in PowerPoint Format, and an Instructor Manual, complement the text. This award-winning, best-selling text is the most thorough, student-friendly, and accessible text on the market today.
• The Fourth Edition is in direct correlation with the ACM/IEEE CS2013 guidelines for computer organization and architecture, in addition to integrating material from additional knowledge units.
• All-new material on a variety of topics, including zetabytes and yottabytes, automatons, tablet computers, graphic processing units, and cloud computing
• The MARIE Simulator package allows students to learn the essential concepts of computer organization and architecture, including assembly language, without getting caught up in unnecessary and confusing details.
• Full suite of ancillary materials, including a secure companion website, PowerPoint lecture outlines, and an Instructor Manual
• Bundled with an optional Intel supplement
• Ideally suited for single-term courses
Would you like to save your cart?
We will send your cart at your email, so you can complete your order later...