Finnish: An Essential Grammar (Routledge Essential Grammars)
This thoroughly revised third edition of Finnish: An Essential Grammar is grounded in fundamental insights of modern linguistics and incorporates some of the latest achievements in the description of written and spoken Finnish.
It gives a systematic account of the structures of the written language and offers increased attention to the key characteristics of present-day colloquial Finnish. No prior knowledge is assumed on the part of the reader and grammatical rules are clearly explained without jargon.
Features of this new edition include:
• pronunciation guide, including the tendencies in present-day colloquial Finnish
• thorough descriptions of morphology (word structure) and syntax (sentence structure)
• clear rules and an abundance of concrete examples, from both written and colloquial Finnish
• updated vocabulary in the examples
• an effective new scheme for detecting the morphological structure of any word form
• subject index.
This is the ideal reference source both for those studying Finnish independently and for students in schools, colleges, universities and adult classes of all types.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book