The Complete Guide to Fertility Awareness
Fertility Awareness is key to understanding sexual and reproductive health at all life stages. It can be used to either plan or avoid pregnancy. Fertility Awareness Methods (FAMs) are highly effective when motivated couples are taught by trained practitioners. These methods are in demand for ecological, medical, cultural, religious and moral reasons. The ability to control fertility naturally is a lifestyle choice.
The Complete Guide to Fertility Awareness provides the science and methodology suitable for health professionals and a general audience. It covers reproductive physiology and the fertility indicators: temperature, cervical secretions and cycle length calculations. It explores ways to optimise conception and to manage conception delays. Case studies and self-assessment exercises are included throughout. The book addresses the scientific credibility of new technologies including fertility apps, home test kits, monitors and devices.
The Complete Guide to Fertility Awareness offers:
- evidence-based information for general practitioners, practice nurses, school nurses, midwives, sexual health doctors and nurses
- a unique perspective on subfertility for gynaecologists and fertility nurses
- an authoritative source of reference for medical, nursing and midwifery students
- a straightforward and practical reference for new and experienced FAM users
- the core text for the FertilityUK Advanced Skills Course in Fertility Awareness
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book