Basic Swedish (Grammar Workbooks)
Basic Swedish: A Grammar and Workbook combines an accessible basic reference grammar and related exercises in one volume, and covers most of the topics that students might expect to deal with in their first year of learning Swedish.
Each of the 25 units discusses one or more grammar topics, with examples that are subsequently practised in the exercises that follow.
The book introduces the contemporary language against a backdrop of Swedish culture, society, geography, customs and history. Each unit ends with a cultural text that outlines an aspect of Swedish culture and exemplifies and consolidates the grammar topic examined in the unit.
- clear grammatical explanations with examples in Swedish and English
- vocabulary based on a major corpus of written Swedish in order to guarantee authenticity and relevance
- cross-references to other units
- over 100 exercises with a key to all the correct answers
- full vocabulary list at the end of the book.
The book is suitable both for independent study and for class use. It can be used by absolute beginners and those who have advanced a little further.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book