Sport Fans (3D Photorealistic Rendering)
Sports, and the fans that follow them, are everywhere. Sport Fans: The Psychology and Social Impact of Fandom examines the affective, behavioral, and cognitive reactions of fans to better comprehend how sport impacts individual fans and society as a whole. Using up-to-date research and theory from multiple disciplines including psychology, sociology, marketing, history, and religious studies, this textbook provides a deeper understanding of topics such as:
- the pervasiveness of sport fandom in society
- common demographic and personality characteristics of fans
- how fandom can provide a sense of belonging, of uniqueness, and of meaning in life
- the process of becoming a sport fan
- sport fan consumption
- and the future of sport and the fan experience.
The text also provides a detailed investigation of the darker side of sport fandom, including fan aggression, as well as a critical look at the positive value of fandom for individuals and society.
Sport Fans expertly combines a rigorous level of empirical research and theory in an engaging, accessible format, making this text the essential resource on sport fan behavior.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book