Heat Exchangers: Selection, Rating, and Thermal Design, Fourth Edition
Heat exchangers are essential in a wide range of engineering applications, including power plants, automobiles, airplanes, process and chemical industries, and heating, air-conditioning, and refrigeration systems. Revised and fully updated with new problem sets, Heat Exchangers: Selection, Rating, and Thermal Design, Fourth Edition presents a systematic treatment of heat exchangers, focusing on selection, thermal-hydraulic design, and rating.
Topics discussed include
- Classification of heat exchangers
- Basic design methods of heat exchangers for sizing and rating problems
- Single-phase forced convection correlations for heat exchangers
- Pressure drop and pumping powerfor heat exchangersand piping circuits
- Design methods of heat exchangers subject to fouling
- Thermal design methods and processes for double-pipe, shell-and-tube, gasketed-plate, compact, and polymer heat exchangers
- Two-phase convection correlations for heat exchangers
- Thermal design of condensers and evaporators
- Micro/nanoheat transfer
The Fourth Edition contains updated information about microscale heat exchangers and the enhancement heat transfer for applications to heat exchanger design and experiment with nanofluids. The Fourth Edition is designed for courses/modules in process heat transfer, thermal systems design, and heat exchanger technology. This text includes full coverage of all widely used heat exchanger types. A complete solutions manual and figure slides of the text’s illustrations are available for qualified adopting instructors.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book