Practicum and Internship: Textbook and Resource Guide for Counseling and Psychotherapy
Completely revised and updated, the sixth edition of Practicum and Internship is a practical resource that provides students and supervisors with thorough coverage of all stages and aspects of the practicum and internship process.
New to this edition are:
- Downloadable, customizable online forms, contracts, and other materials
- Across-the-board updates that reflect 2016 CACREP standards
- Incorporation of contemporary research and literature that addresses recommended practices and ethical considerations regarding the use of technology in counseling
- New information on preparing students to run their first counseling and therapy groups
- A review of ethical standards and current perspectives on working with culturally diverse clients
- Current perspectives on managing self-care during practicum and internship and beyond
- A thoughtful presentation of trauma-informed approaches to counseling
- A revised final chapter including guidelines for preparing for licensure exams and for longevity in the profession
With comprehensive information that spans across therapeutic approaches, concerns, and topics, this remains an essential foundational text for counseling and psychotherapy students and their supervisors.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book