FREE shipping on ALL orders
Acknowledged author David N. Balaam wrote Introduction to International Political Economy comprising 556 pages back in 2018. Textbook and etextbook are published under ISBN 1138206997 and 9781138206991. Since then Introduction to International Political Economy textbook received total rating of 3.5 stars and was available to sell back to BooksRun online for the top buyback price of $42.19 or rent at the marketplace.
In a revolutionary revision of this best-selling text, David Balaam and Bradford Dillman show how the postwar world order is at once under threat and yet resilient. This classic text surveys the theories, institutions, and relationships that characterize IPE and highlights them in the context of a diverse range of regional and transnational issues. Introduction to International Political Economy positions students to critically evaluate the global economy and to appreciate the personal impact of political, economic, and social forces.
New to the Seventh Edition
- Streamlined yet comprehensive coverage―reducing the text from 20 to 17 chapters. There is also one unified chapter on global finance and a single chapter on energy and the environment.
- A new chapter on Constructivism shows sociological and ideational forces at work.
- A new chapter on Global Production encompasses transnational corporations and labor.
- A new chapter on Global Health incorporates food and refugee issues.
- Substantial revisions to 10 chapters, including new material on Brexit, the EU debt and refugee crises, populist-nationalist movements, inequality, trade conflicts and negotiations, cyber weapons, the rise of China, Middle East conflicts, and international responses to climate change.
- Significant focus throughout on President Trump’s impact on U.S. foreign policy, international order, and global security.
- Extensive new graphs and tables of data, plus 27 fascinating new text boxes throughout.
- An author-written Instructor’s Manual and Test Bank are provided along with additional online resources.