High Voltage Direct Current Transmission: Converters, Systems and DC Grids
Presents the latest developments in switchgear and DC/DC converters for DC grids, and includes substantially expanded material on MMC HVDC
This newly updated edition covers all HVDC transmission technologies including Line Commutated Converter (LCC) HVDC; Voltage Source Converter (VSC) HVDC, and the latest VSC HVDC based on Modular Multilevel Converters (MMC), as well as the principles of building DC transmission grids.
Featuring new material throughout, High Voltage Direct Current Transmission: Converters, Systems and DC Grids, 2nd Edition offers several new chapters/sections including one on the newest MMC converters. It also provides extended coverage of switchgear, DC grid protection and DC/DC converters following the latest developments on the market and in research projects. All three HVDC technologies are studied in a wide range of topics, including: the basic converter operating principles; calculation of losses; system modelling, including dynamic modelling; system control; HVDC protection, including AC and DC fault studies; and integration with AC systems and fundamental frequency analysis. The text includes:
- A chapter dedicated to hybrid and mechanical DC circuit breakers
- Half bridge and full bridge MMC: modelling, control, start-up and fault management
- A chapter dedicated to unbalanced operation and control of MMC HVDC
- The advancement of protection methods for DC grids
- Wideband and high-order modeling of DC cables
- Novel treatment of topics not found in similar books, including SimPowerSystems models and examples for all HVDC topologies hosted by the 1st edition companion site.
High Voltage Direct Current Transmission: Converters, Systems and DC Grids, 2nd Edition serves as an ideal textbook for a graduate-level course or a professional development course.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book