Sports Fields: Design, Construction, and Maintenance
The updated, authoritative guide to sports field management that includes the latest developments in, and on, the field
The revised and updated Third Edition of Sports Fields: Design, Construction, and Maintenance continues to offer a comprehensive reference for professionals who are responsible for the design, construction, renovation, and maintenance of athletic facilities. Written by noted experts on the topic, this book contains illustrative examples of specific design elements of the most popular sports facilities. The authors also offer in-depth coverage of frequently encountered sports field issues and provide effective solutions and management practices.
The revised Third Edition contains new chapters on safety, public relations, and professionalism for future sports field managers, as well as fresh drawings and photos that highlight innovative field layout, grading, irrigation, and drainage. All-new case studies review best practices and techniques for sports fields ranging from youth and high school fields to fields that are designed for professional athletes. This text is also an ideal resource for anyone studying for Sports Field Manager Certification (offered by STMA). The updated Third Edition:
- Features new case studies that include design and management best practices for all levels and types of sports facilities
- Offers new chapters on safety, public relations, and professionalism for future sports field managers
- Includes new illustrations and photos of innovative field layout, grading, irrigation, and drainage
- Contains the most recent information on sand-based field systems and synthetic turf
- Presents discussions of a range of fields including baseball, softball, football, soccer, lacrosse, field hockey, tennis, and track and field
Written for sports field managers, designers, and contractors, Sports Fields: Design, Construction, and Maintenance, Third Edition is the updated reference for professionals (and aspiring professionals) who need the most recent information on the design, construction, renovation, and maintenance of athletic facilities.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book