Cabling: The Complete Guide to Copper and Fiber-Optic Networking
THE COMPLETE CABLING GUIDE ―UPDATED WITH THE LATEST IN FIBER-OPTICS TECHNOLOGY
Poor cabling accounts for nearly 70% of network problems. Cabling: The Complete Guide to Copper and Fiber-Optic Networking, 5th Edition is the industry-leading guide to helping you develop the skills you need to design and build reliable, cost-effective cabling infrastructure. This fifth edition has been fully updated with the latest industry standards and a deeper look into fiber-optics, helping professionals meet the growing demands of large-scale communities that require fiber-optics networks rather than traditional copper.
- An introduction to data cabling
- Cabling specifications and standards
- Choosing the correct cabling
- Cable system components and infrastructure constraints
- Network equipment
- Fiber-optic, copper, and wireless media
- Design considerations for fiber-optic systems
- Principles of fiber-optic transmission
- Passive components, multiplexers, and optical networks
- Testing equipment, link/cable testing, troubleshooting, and restoration
This comprehensive resource is packed with expert advice and best practices for implementing data center, local, access, metropolitan and wireless networks with data rates ranging from 100Mbps to 100Gbps using copper and fiber-optic cabling. This guide was written with the support of the Electronics Technicians Association (ETA) to provide authoritative coverage of the Fiber Optics Installer (FOI), Fiber Optics Technician (FOT) and Data Cabling Installer (DCI) certifications.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book