Private Foundations: Tax Law and Compliance (Wiley Nonprofit Authority)
Stay updated on the latest tax regulations with this private foundation tax manual
Knowledge of tax regulations surrounding private foundations isn't enough if you're an executive of such an organization or a professional supporting a tax-exempt foundation. Annual changes to IRS rules and increased scrutiny by regulators mean it's necessary for you to keep abreast of myriad changes that come into existence each year. From authors Bruce R. Hopkins and Jody Blazek comes the definitive guide for those responsible for guiding the financial and tax filing operations of private foundations.
The complexity of tax regulations related to private foundations extends to a level that is out of proportion to the relatively small number of such entities. Nonetheless, recent statutory requirements that apply solely to private foundations can make untangling filing and reporting activities overly burdensome without a developed knowledge of the underlying theory and practice. To navigate this maze of add-on regulations, Hopkins and Blazek provide background knowledge, in-depth explanations of regulatory changes, and real-world examples to bring as much simplicity to the process as possible.
- Receive guidance from the 2007 Outstanding Nonprofit Lawyer Award recipient
- Learn about the details of private foundation taxes from leading experts in the field
- Make use of checklists and sample documents to prepare organizational filings
- Utilize line-by-line instructions for completing exemption applications and forms
For professionals working closely with private foundations, including accountants, lawyers, and foundation executives, Private Foundations: Tax Law and Compliance, 4th Edition is a welcome resource for keeping your clients or your organization on the right track.
- Brings clarity, real-world examples, and checklists to help professionals deal with the burdensome process of complying with IRS regulations governing private foundations
- Clarifies the underlying logic behind statutory tax regulations governing private foundations and the practical implications of maintaining compliance
- Supplemented annually online to keep subscribers up-to-date on relevant changes in IRS forms requirements, and related tax procedures
- Includes easy-to-use checklists highlighting such critical concerns as tax-exempt eligibility and tax compliance
- Offers line-by-line instructions for completing a variety of exemption applications and tax forms
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book