Understanding Photovoltaics: An Easy-to-follow Study Guide for Solar Electric Certification Programs
Field tested by hundreds of students in schools around the U.S., and updated each year, this easy-to-follow text is designed to take an extremely "non-technical" student with zero background in PV, and literally teach them how to design and install a variety of residential PV systems.
This text is also designed to help prepare students who wish to sit for industry-accepted certification programs such as the ETA Level 1 PV Certification or the NABCEP PV Certificate Program. Each chapter contains multiple choice review questions, as well as labs that comply with "hands-on" requirement of the ETA certification.
Table of Contents: This 302-page textbook includes the following chapters:
* Introduction to Photovoltaics
* Solar Cells and Solar Modules
* Types of Photovoltaic Systems
* Basic Electrical Concepts
* Parts of the PV System
* Conducting a Site Survey
* Designing the System
* Installing the Balance of Systems
* Testing and Commissioning the System
* System Maintenance and Troubleshooting
* Chapter Objectives
* 200 Chapter Review Questions
* 23 Hands-On Labs
* 150 Illustrations and Tables
* Easy-to-Read narrative
* Highlighted and Indexed Terms
* Updated with Changes from the 2017 NEC
For Instructors: PowerPoint slides available that follow and highlight the text, detailed answer keys for practice problems, dozens of practice scenarios with answer key, lab instruction and notes. Lab kits are also available.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book