Evidence-Based Geriatric Nursing Protocols for Best Practice
This new edition of one of the premier references for geriatric nurses in hospital, long-term, and community settings delivers current guidelines, real-life case studies, and evidence-based protocols developed by master educators and practitioners. With a focus on improving quality of care, cost-effectiveness, and outcome, the fifth edition is updated to provide the most current information about care of common clinical conditions and issues in older patients. Several new expert contributors present current guidelines about hip fractures, frailty, perioperative and postoperative care, palliative care, and senior-friendly emergency departments. Additionally, chapters have been reorganized to enhance logical flow of content and easy information retrieval.
Protocols, systematically tested by more than 300 participating NICHE (Nurses Improving Care for Health system Elders) hospitals‚ are organized in a consistent format and include an overview, evidence-based assessment and intervention strategies, and an illustrative case study with discussion. Additionally, protocols are embedded within chapter text, providing the context and detailed evidence for each. Chapter objectives, annotated references,and evidence ratings for each protocol are provided along with resources for additional study.
New to the Fifth Edition:
- Reorganized to enhance logical flow of information and ease of use
- Updated and revised
- Includes new contributions from expert educators and practitioners
- Provides new chapters on perioperative and postoperative care, general surgical care, care of hip fracture, palliative care, and the senior-friendly emergency department
- Includes PowerPoints and a test bank for instructors
- Delivers evidence-based, current guidelines and protocols for care of common clinical conditions in the older person
- Illustrates the application of clinical protocols to real-life practice through case studies and discussion
- Edited by nationally known geriatric leaders who are endorsed by the Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing and NICHE
- Written for nursing students, nurse leaders, and practitioners at all levels, including those in specialty roles
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book