Pain-Free Writing for Nurses: A Step-by-Step Guide
This book will make you a more effective and prolific author of scholarship
Pain-Free Writing for Nurses is an enjoyable but effective primer on writing and will improve your scholarly contributions to the nursing literature.
The tips provided in this book will improve your writing, increase your output, and help you address the stress involved in creating meaningful, professional content.
This concise, practical text provides:
- Strategies to deal with the anxiety and procrastination associated with writing
- Rationales for writing in today’s academic and professional nursing environment
- Basic structures for scholarly writing
- How to find a topic
- How to develop and use a manuscript outline to save time
- Strategies to increase readership of your work
- How to deal with feedback, criticism, and critique
- Helpful examples of various scholarly documents, including:
- DNP and other scholarly projects
- Data-based and non–data-based scholarly manuscripts
- Research proposals
- Academic assignments and job postings
- Job application and recommendation letters, professional writing, and more
The authors share personal stories and tips learned through years of professional and academic writing.
The primary purpose of scholarly writing is to communicate new knowledge. If you want to write to mystify your reader, write a mystery novel. If you want to be creative in your writing, compose haiku. If you want to focus on scholarly writing, read this book☺!
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book