The understanding of deviant behavior is rapidly evolving in the 21st century. For this reason, a global perspective on emerging forms of deviant behavior is essential.
Deviant Behavior, Second Edition provides the foundation necessary to understand the impact of globalization on traditional and emerging forms of deviance around the world. Readers will learn what deviant behavior is across the world―the circumstances, patterns, and socio-cultural characteristics of persons involved in deviant acts. They will also examine “why” and “how” deviant acts occur―the precipitants of deviant behavior and the social processes that result in defining certain acts as deviant.
* Learning objectives, chapter summaries, critical thinking questions, web links, and a glossary of key concepts are provided in every chapter.
* Each chapter begins with a portrait of deviance that focuses the student’s attention on the substantive issues addressed.
* “At-A-Glance” sections summarize key facts about the form of deviance being considered.
* Boxes highlighting key empirical findings, case narratives that illustrate particular aspects of deviant behavior, or summaries of important theoretical perspectives.
* Instructor Manual with chapter outlines, key concepts, and discussion points, all organized by chapter.
* Test Bank
* PowerPoint Lecture Outlines
Student Resources include an open-access companion website featuing relevant weblinks
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book