Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN(r) Examination
Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination is the bestselling nursing review book, providing content review along with thousands of questions. All questions include detailed rationales and comprehensive test-taking strategies which provide guidance for how to best approach each question. The new edition parallels the 2004 NCLEX Examination Test Plan, with the inclusion of Alternate Item Format questions, more pharmacology content, and new questions on leadership, delegation, and patient care prioritization. The enclosed CD-ROM allows you to answer questions in three different modes: Quiz, Study, and Exam.
- Text and accompanying CD-ROM provide a total of 4,000 practice questions ― more than any other comprehensive review book. The CD-ROM includes all 1,800 questions from the book, plus over 2,200 more.
- Every question includes a correct answer, rationales for all responses, test-taking strategy, level of cognitive ability, integrated process, category of client needs, and reference to a major nursing text.
- Alternate item format questions, including fill-in-the-blank, multiple-response, and illustration questions, provide exposure to these new formats on the NCLEX-RN exam.
- A comprehensive exam consists of 265 questions with content areas in the same percentages as the current NCLEX-RN test plan.
- Pharmacology is emphasized, with 13 pharmacology chapters, a medication and intravenous calculation chapter, and a pediatric medication calculation chapter.
- Pyramid to Success sections provide an overview of each chapter plus a focused guide for review.
- Pyramid Terms offer a quick review of key content areas.
- Pyramid Points, located throughout the content outlines, identify content that typically appears on the NCLEX-RN exam.
- A chapter written by a student who recently passed the NCLEX-RN exam offers perspective on overcoming anxiety.
- A drop-down calculator is included on CD-ROM, to assist in answering medication questions.
- CD-ROM allows practice in quiz, study, or exam modes, with questions selected from content area, integrated process, or category of client needs.
- Addresses issues and areas of difficulty for the foreign-educated nurse in a new, separate chapter.
- Emphasizes leadership, delegating, and prioritizing client care, reflecting the new focus on the Board exam.
- Adds leadership/management and community coding categories to the CD-ROM ― important areas on the exam.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book