Sports Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation
World-class rehabilitation of the injured athlete integrates best practice in sports medicine and physical therapy with training and conditioning techniques based on cutting-edge sports science. In this ground-breaking new book, leading sports injury and rehabilitation professionals, strength and conditioning coaches, biomechanists and sport scientists show how this integrated model works across the spectrum of athlete care. In every chapter, there is a sharp focus on the return to performance, rather than just a return to play.
The book introduces evidence-based best practice in all the core areas of sports injury risk management and rehabilitation, including:
- performance frameworks for medical and injury screening;
- the science of pain and the psychology of injury and rehabilitation;
- developing core stability and flexibility;
- performance retraining of muscle, tendon and bone injuries;
- recovery from training and rehabilitation;
- end-stage rehabilitation, testing and training for a return to performance.
Every chapter offers a masterclass from a range of elite sport professionals, containing best practice protocols, procedures and specimen programmes designed for high performance. No other book examines rehabilitation in such detail from a high performance standpoint.
Sports Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation is essential reading for any course in sports medicine and rehabilitation, strength and conditioning, sports science, and for any clinician, coach or high performance professional working to prevent or rehabilitate sports injuries.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book