Essentials of Elementary Social Studies
Essentials of Elementary Social Studies is a teacher friendly text that provides comprehensive treatment of classroom planning, instruction, and strategies. Praised for its dynamic approaches and a writing style that is conversational, personal, and professional, this text enables and encourages teachers to effectively teach elementary social studies using creative and active learning strategies.
New to this Edition
This fourth edition has been significantly refined with new and relevant topics and strategies needed for effectively teaching elementary social studies.
• Keeping with the book’s emphasis on planning and teaching, a full, new chapter on lesson plans has been added. This chapter is designed to provide elementary teachers with 14 classroom tested lessons for each grade level (K-6).
• A new chapter on technology is designed to better prepare elementary teachers to effectively teach social studies with technology. Attention is given to digital history, media literacy, teaching with film and music, and numerous other types of impactful technology.
• Each chapter now includes a “Resources” section. The resources section provides various resources for further development. The section includes articles, books, and web resources.
• Each chapter now includes “Extension” and "Focus" activities. These activities provide readers with the opportunity to extend the learning experience with relevant and meaningful scenarios. Instructors can also use the extension and focus activities as class activities.
• Brand new companion website expands on chapter content and provides resources for further study (www.routledge.com/cw/Turner).
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book