Planning and Designing the IP Broadcast Facility: A New Puzzle to Solve
This book provides a comprehensive understanding of the technology architecture, physical facility changes and―most importantly―the new media management workflows and business processes to support the entire lifecycle of the IP broadcast facility from an engineering and workflow perspective.
Fully updated, this second edition covers the technological evolutions and changes in the media broadcast industry, including the new standards and specifications for live IP production, the SMPTE ST2110 suite of standards, the necessity of protecting against cyber threats and the expansion of cloud services in opening new possibilities. It provides users with the necessary information for planning, organizing, producing and distributing media for the modern broadcast facility.
Key features of this text include:
- Strategies to implement a cost-effective live and file-based production and distribution system.
- A cohesive, big-picture viewpoint that helps you identify how to overcome the challenges of upgrading your plant.
- The impact live production is having on the evolution to IP.
- Case studies serve as recommendations and examples of use.
- New considerations in engineering and maintenance of IP and file based systems.
Those in the fields of TV, cable, IT engineering and broadcast engineering will find this book an invaluable resource, as will students learning how to set up modern broadcast facilities and the workflows of contemporary broadcasting.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book