FREE shipping on ALL orders
Acknowledged author Melanie McEwen wrote Community/Public Health Nursing: Promoting the Health of Populations comprising 728 pages back in 2018. Textbook and etextbook are published under ISBN 0323528945 and 9780323528948. Since then Community/Public Health Nursing: Promoting the Health of Populations textbook received total rating of 4.5 stars and was available to sell back to BooksRun online for the top buyback price of $36.80 or rent at the marketplace.
Give your students a complete guide to community health nursing! Community/Public Health Nursing, 7th Edition provides a unique, upstream preventive focus and a strong social justice approach, all in a concise, easy-to-read text. Covering the nurses’ role in promoting community health, it shows how students can take an active role in social action and health policy – emphasizing society’s responsibility to protect all human life and ensuring that diverse and vulnerable populations have their basic health needs met. Clinical examples and photo novellas show how nursing concepts apply to the real world. Written by community health nursing experts Mary A. Nies and Melanie McEwen, this book describes the issues and responsibilities of today’s community and public health nurse.
- UNIQUE! A ‘social justice’ approach promotes health for all people, including vulnerable populations.
- UNIQUE! ‘Upstream’ preventive focus addresses factors that are the precursors to poor health in the community, addressing potential health problems before they occur.
- Case Studies present the theory, concepts, and application of the nursing process in practical and manageable examples.
- UNIQUE! Photo novellas use photographs to tell stories showing real-life clinical scenarios and applications of important community health nursing roles.
- Application of the nursing process at the individual, family, and aggregate levels highlights the community perspective in all health situations
- Clinical examples offer snippets of real-life client situations.
- Theoretical frameworks common to nursing and public health aid in the application of familiar and new theory bases to problems and challenges in the community.
- Healthy People 2020 boxes include the most current national health care objectives.
- Research Highlights boxes show the application of research studies to the practice of community nursing.
- Ethical Insights boxes highlight ethical issues and concerns that the community/public health nurse may encounter.
- Objectives, key terms, and chapter outlines at the beginning of every chapter introduce important concepts and terminology.
- NEW AND UNIQUE! A Veterans Health chapter presents situations and considerations unique to the care of veterans.
- NEW! Genetics in Public Health boxes reflect increasing scientific evidence supporting the health benefits of using genetic tests and family health history to guide public health interventions.
- NEW! Active Learning boxes test your knowledge of the content you’ve just read, helping provide clinical application and knowledge retention.