FREE shipping on ALL orders
Acknowledged author Marcia Stanhope RN DSN FAAN wrote Foundations for Population Health in Community/Public Health Nursing comprising 656 pages back in 2017. Textbook and etextbook are published under ISBN 0323443834 and 9780323443838. Since then Foundations for Population Health in Community/Public Health Nursing textbook received total rating of 4 stars and was available to sell back to BooksRun online for the top buyback price of $53.76 or rent at the marketplace.
Get the essential information you need to know about population health and community health nursing! Foundations for Population Health in Community/Public Health Nursing, 5th Edition includes concise, focused coverage of community health nursing ― from nursing roles and care settings to vulnerable population groups. The book uses a practical, community-oriented approach and places an emphasis on health promotion and disease prevention. Practical application of concepts is highlighted throughout the text in case studies, critical thinking activities, QSEN competencies, and Healthy People 2020 objectives.
- QSEN boxes illustrate how quality and safety goals, competencies, objectives, knowledge, skills, and attitudes can be applied in nursing practice in the community.
- Healthy People 2020 objectives in every chapter address the health priorities and emerging health issues expected in the next decade.
- Genomics coverage provides a history of genetics and genomics and how they impact public/community health nursing care.
- Focus on health promotion throughout the text emphasizes initiatives, strategies, and interventions that promote the health of the community.
- Clinical Application scenarios present practice situations with questions and answers to help you apply chapter concepts to practice in the community.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes highlight current research findings, their application to practice, and how community/public health nurses can apply the study results.
- Levels of Prevention boxes identify specific nursing interventions at the primary, secondary, and tertiary levels, to reinforce the concept of prevention as it pertains to community and public health care.
- Feature box on Linking Content to Practice highlights how chapter content is applied in the role of public/community health nursing.
- NEW! Coverage of health care reform includes discussions of the impact of The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 (ACA) on public health nursing and the potential implications of its repeal.
- NEW! Check Your Practice boxes feature scenarios and discussion questions to promote active learning.