Pilbeam's Mechanical Ventilation: Physiological and Clinical Applications
Learn everything you need to safely and compassionately care for patients requiring ventilator support with Pilbeam's Mechanical Ventilation: Physiological and Clinical Applications, 6th Edition. Known for its simple explanations and in-depth coverage of patient-ventilator management, this evidence-based text walks readers through the most fundamental and advanced concepts surrounding mechanical ventilation and guides them in properly applying these principles to patient care. This new edition features a completely revised chapter on ventilator graphics, additional case studies and clinical scenarios, plus all the reader-friendly features that promote critical thinking and clinical application ― like key points, AARC clinical practice guidelines, and critical care concepts ― that have helped make this text a household name among respiratory care professionals.
- UNIQUE! Chapter on ventilator associated pneumonia provides in-depth, comprehensive coverage of this challenging issue.
- Brief patient case studies list important assessment data and pose a critical thinking question to readers.
- Critical Care Concepts are presented in short questions to engage readers in applying knowledge to difficult concepts.
- Clinical scenarios cover patient presentation, assessment data, and treatment options to acquaint readers with different clinical situations.
- NBRC exam-style assessment questions at the end of each chapter offer practice for the certification exam.
- Key Point boxes highlight need-to-know information.
- Logical chapter sequence builds on previously learned concepts and information.
- Bulleted end-of-chapter summaries help readers to review and assess their comprehension.
- Excerpts of Clinical Practice Guidelines developed by the AARC (American Association for Respiratory Care) make it easy to access important information regarding indications/contraindications, hazards and complications, assessment of need, assessment of outcome, and monitoring.
- Chapter outlines show the big picture of each chapter's content.
- Glossary of mechanical ventilation terminology includes definitions to highlighted key terms in each chapter.
- NEW! Completely revised chapter on ventilator graphics offers a more practical explanation of ventilator graphics and what readers need to know when looking at abnormal graphics.
- NEW! Additional case studies and clinical scenarios cover real-life scenarios that highlight the current trends in pathologies in respiratory care.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book