Mosby's Pocket Guide to Nursing Skills & Procedures (Nursing Pocket Guides)
Take this reference to clinicals or on the job for quick access to nursing skills! Based on Perry & Potter's market-leading Clinical Nursing Skills & Techniques, Mosby's Pocket Guide to Nursing Skills & Procedures, 8th Edition presents 85 key skills in a convenient spiral-bound, A-to-Z format. Step-by-step instructions include full-color photos plus rationales explaining why and how to use specific techniques. This edition adds coverage of two new skills. With the latest in evidence-based practice, this guide helps you perform basic nursing skills safely and effectively. Also available as an eBook for use on hand-held devices!
- Safety alerts highlight important information for patient safety and effective performance of skills.
- Unexpected outcomes and related interventions help you troubleshoot potential problems and take appropriate actions to address them.
- Special Considerations address teaching, the home care setting, and care modifications for pediatric and geriatric patients.
- Clear, two-column format shows how to perform skills, with rationales for each step explaining the reason behind the practice and the benefit to patients.
- A Gloving logo identifies procedures in which clean gloves should be worn or gloves should be changed in order to minimize the risk of infection.
- Documentation guidelines include a bulleted list of what should be reported and recorded in the patient records.
- Alphabetical organization of skills makes it easy to find information quickly, and each skill begins on a new page.
- A convenient pocket size and spiral binding allow the book to fit easily into your coat pocket and to stay open on the page you want.
- UNIQUE! Up-to-date content is based on the most recent edition of Perry & Potter’s Clinical Nursing Skills & Techniques,the bestselling nursing skills text.
- NEW! Additional nursing skills includeinstructions forblood glucose testing and applying a pressure bandage, both important skills in today's practice.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book