Cowell and Tyler's Diagnostic Cytology and Hematology of the Dog and Cat
Highly respected in the field, Diagnostic Cytology and Hematology of the Dog and Cat is the complete resource for developing the knowledge and skills you need for clinical laboratory diagnostics. Detailed illustrations and descriptions of cytologic and hematologic samples allow you to diagnose both common and uncommon diseases in dogs and cats. Microscopic evaluation techniques and interpretation guidelines for organ tissue, blood, and other body fluid specimens give you a basic understanding of sample collection and specimen preparation. In addition, algorithms are generously distributed throughout the text, helping you evaluate various cytologic preparations.
- Over 1,300 vivid, high-resolution images help you identify normal vs. abnormal cells, enabling you to make accurate diagnoses.
- User-friendly, detailed instructions guide you through in-house laboratory evaluation as well as the submission and transport of samples for culture and commercial laboratory interpretation.
- Easy-to-follow algorithms and tables facilitate quick access to necessary information and guide you to the most accurate cytologic diagnosis.
- Contributions from nearly 50 academic and diagnostic laboratory experts provide the best and most current information available.
- Comprehensive coverage in one all-inclusive resource saves you time.
- NEW! Four new chapters ― The Adrenal Gland, Immunocytochemistry, Flow Cytometry, and Molecular Methods in Lymphoid Malignancies ― provide you with detailed information on how these topics relate to clinical disease diagnosis.
- NEW! Revised chapters throughout the text give youthe most complete and up-to-date coverage of recently recognized conditions, new terminology, and new procedures.
- NEW! Callouts highlighting Tips and Pitfalls facilitate quick access and detailed instructions for in-house laboratory evaluation, including specimen preparation and diagnosis, as well as submission and transport of samples for commercial laboratory interpretation.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book