Basic & Applied Concepts of Blood Banking and Transfusion Practices
Using an easy-to-understand writing style, this text integrates immunohematology theory and application to provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to be successful in blood banking. Problem-solving exercises and case studies help you develop a solid understanding of all areas of blood banking.
- Learning objectives begin each chapter.
- Illustrated blood group boxes throughout chapter 6, Other Blood Group Systems, give the ISBT symbol, number, and the clinical significance of the antibodies at a glance.
- Margin notes and definitions in each chapter highlight important material and offer additional explanations.
- Chapter summaries recap the most important points of the chapter.
- Study questions at the end of each chapter provide an opportunity for review.
- Critical thinking exercises with case studies help you apply what you have learned in the chapter.
- UPDATED! Information and photos on automation include equipment actually used in the lab.
- Flow charts showing antibody detection and identification help you detect and identify antibodies.
- Advanced topics on Transplantation and Cellular Therapy, the HLA System, Molecular Techniques and Applications, Automation, Electronic Crossmatching, and Therapeutic Apheresis make the text relevant for 4-year MLS programs.
We would LOVE it if you could help us and other readers by reviewing the book